Since 1976, DCRS Solutions has been helping restaurant, hospitality and retail operators run their businesses more efficiently. From electronic cash registers, to windows based point of sale systems, to android and iOS cloud systems, DCRS has always evolved to bring to most current and purpose built solutions to market. We strive to retain our customers by exceeding their expectations with superior service and meaningful retail tools, permitting us to grow and be successful for the well being of our customers and employees. Whether you are a single unit operator, multi-unit chain or manage an enterprise environment, we have a solution for you. Beyond POS, DCRS offers a wide range of services including a 24×7 IT support center, on site professional services, merchant services (credit card processing), managed services, network management and much more. Our office is headquartered in St. Louis, MO
Become an expert in all Restaurant POS Systems offered by DCRS. You will plan, direct, coordinate and conduct the activities of a Restaurant Point of Sale deployment. (typically SURVEY, DESIGN, DEVELOP, PROGRAM, TEST, MODIFY, REVIEW, DOCUMENT, INSTALL, TRAIN, SUPPORT LIVE, FOLLOW-UP, etc.)
Your system expertise will include primarily SOFTWARE Applications and Databases, as well as Operating Systems. You will also specialize in network communication problem solving, and hardware diagnosis. Hardware primarily includes POS touchscreen terminals, tablets, printers, and all other POS peripherals, as well as Servers and PCs.
You will typically start your career as a SUPPORT TECHNICIAN, entry-level, unless you have prior knowledge and experience in the implementation of specific POS Systems and Software Applications. Without having this specific knowledge or certain industry experience, most should consider reviewing the Job Description for SUPPORT TECHNICIAN, and if those Job Requirements are acceptable to you, we suggest you apply for that position.
Your General Duties:
- Conduct site surveys for proper network and electrical requirements.
- Proficiency in wireless networks is a plus.
- Consult with end uses on programming needs and feature set required by the end user.
- You will provide system analysis and programming, as well as training for projects assigned.
- You will train customers and tutor coworkers on the use, programming and maintenance of the product.
- Preform the complete installation of a POS System.
- Preform Live Support (sometimes at night and over the weekend)
- You will schedule and adjust your hours of work based on an ever-changing schedule.
- You will work independently with minimal supervision and be able to handle at least 95% of all situations on your own.
- You will be able to make independent decisions on behalf of the company in matters that have financial impact.
Your Special Skills:
- Communication and Customer Service. You will posses the ability or skill to maintain appropriate communication with the client.
- You will have an outgoing, strong “people-person” personality.
- You will have sharp listening, creative questioning, and good note taking skills to gain a clear understanding of the application and needs in order to provide an effective solution.
- You will have good planning, organization, and time management skills without constant intervention of supervisors, so that several ongoing projects can be moved along and completed on schedule.
- You will have an ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- You will have good creative problem solving skills, be an independent thinker, and have a dedication to customer satisfaction.
- You will have a positive “can-do” attitude, energy and enthusiasm, as well as like people contact.
- You will have typing skills of 35+ wpm.
- You will have a Professional, Business-like appearance.
The Requirements Needed for you to Perform:
- You will have knowledge of the RESTAURANT industry.
- You will be in excellent health.
- You will be able to lift and transport multiple terminals and computers (approximately up to 40+ lbs.) to various customer sites for an installation.
- You will be able to drive long distances, as a few field sites are over 200 miles away.
- Your transportation will include the delivery of this equipment in your personal vehicle, and requires a valid driver’s license with good driving record, with insurance requirements as specified in the employee handbook.
- You will be provided an Automobile allowance.
Your Availability to Work what Hours:
- You will be able to schedule and work the type of hours based on the type of installation project required, their hours of operation, as well as their deadlines.
- Your project hours will require working at night and on weekends for Restaurant (often) installation projects. These hours are during times when clients with new systems need your availability for assistance.
- Your will be responsible for the management and scheduling of your projects, in coordination with the overall needs of the company.
- The size and nature of your installation will determine the amount of training and support required outside of our regular business hours.
- You will generally be working regular business hours when not installing a system.
- You will travel out of town to attend seminars and classes, or address remote site installation, on occasion.
Your Training Needed:
- You will have a college degree (recommended), but if not, then you will have been in a Restaurant management related field and/or in an accounting related field.
- You will have had several years of practical, on the job experience in RESTAURANTS.
- You will have had the advanced intellectual knowledge and prolonged prior job experience in the support of POS computer systems specifically in the RESTAURANT vertical markets.
- You will be involved in on-going training in technological advancements and new products entering the market. Your training will never end but will be progressive, just as technology is.
- You will have A+ and Network+ certification, or you will eventually secure both with our assistance.
- You will have Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) and Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certification, or you will eventually secure one with our assistance.
- You will have knowledge of Windows 7/8/10/Server 2008/2012, Sybase or Microsoft SQL, general PC experience, Networks, TCP/IP, as well as other software programs such as Crystal Reports, with spreadsheet/word processing a plus.
What is different about working at DCRS?
- Installation staff receives a bonus for each project that is implemented.
- Opportunity for growth and advancement in Technical fields through our educational incentive program.
- Health Benefits
- Regular scheduled company paid lunches
- Quarterly Drawing awards to encourage teamwork
- Cash Bonus to Problem Solver of the year
- Causal dress environment with professional business like appearance and attire
- Largest staffed POS VAR in our market
- Multiple product lines to ensure we are not a one size fits all organization