Since 1976, DCRS Solutions has been helping restaurant, hospitality and retail operators run their businesses more efficiently. From electronic cash registers, to windows based point of sale systems, to android and iOS cloud systems, DCRS has always evolved to bring to most current and purpose built solutions to market. We strive to retain our customers by exceeding their expectations with superior service and meaningful retail tools, permitting us to grow and be successful for the well being of our customers and employees. Whether you are a single unit operator, multi-unit chain or manage an enterprise environment, we have a solution for you. Beyond POS, DCRS offers a wide range of services including a 24×7 IT support center, on site professional services, merchant services (credit card processing), managed services, network management and much more. Our office is headquartered in St. Louis, MO
Support all POS applications offered by DCRS, by a combination of LIVE HELP DESK & REMOTE CONNECTION, REMOTE MANAGED SERVICES and SITE VISITS into the field. Your system support will include primarily SOFTWARE Applications and Databases, as well as Operating Systems. Next important is the research of software issues, followed by network communication problem solving, and lastly hardware repair. Hardware repair primarily includes POS touchscreen terminals and tablets, all types of printers, cash drawers, magnetic card readers, scanners, scales, and all other POS peripherals, as well as Servers and PCs.
You will be available for On-Call hours approximately once a month on a rotating basis, for up to 4 days (Shifts are Mon-Thurs and Fri-Sat). On-Call office hours for On-Call Primary Tech is typically 11:00am to 8:00pm (Monday through Friday), and 9:00am to 1:00pm (Saturday), then On-Call after those hours. Your On-Call duties will include a substantial On-Call BONUS and Overtime. Customer Satisfaction bonuses, Company Car business access (or mileage reimbursement) and Overtime is earned when Senior On-Call status is achieved. To advance to Senior On-Call status, you will be provided an incentive-laden opportunity to learn to support our multiple software applications and hardware products, with a six to (maximum) eight month period as the goal. Advanced Senior Technicians may be delegated to perform hardware installs or software system upgrades. To advance to this Senior On-Call level, you will have to invest some significant time outside of business hours during your entry level period to earn the incentives associated with becoming certified for Senior On-Call status. You will report to the Support Manager and Assistant Support Manager.
Your General Duties
- You will be able to provide support for multiple (as many as 9 or more) SOFTWARE applications, databases, and overall systems, either remotely or on-site. You will repair hardware, either on-site or in-shop, and occasionally install hardware according to plans and connect units with cables and connectors.
- You will be able to perform minor programming changes.
- You will be able to disassemble components to replace, clean, adjust or repair parts, wires, switches, or sub assemblies.
- You will be able to operate and test equipment to ensure elimination of malfunction.
- You will be able to repair cables, help lay out plans for new equipment, and estimate material required.
- You will be able to maintain equipment and analyze malfunctions with oscilloscopes, computers, and meter line testers to locate, diagnose, and ascertain repairs needed
- You will promote the sale of systems, service, supplies, and support plans.
- You will be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to handle at least 80% of all situations on your own, without phone help from other associates.
Your Special Skills
- Communication and Customer Service. You will possess or cultivate the ability or skill to maintain appropriate communication with the client.
- You will have an outgoing, strong “people-person” personality.
- You will have an ability to diagnose and support over the phone.
- You will have a mechanical aptitude, with logical and analytical faculties, and a grasp of technical methods.
- You will have typing skills of 35+ wpm.
- You will have a Professional, Business-like appearance.
The Requirements Needed for you to Perform
- You will have an ability to simultaneously restore the system to full operation within a minimal amount of downtime, while maintaining a good rapport with the client.
- You will have knowledge in PC hardware, Networking, TCP/IP and Windows 7/8/10 and Server 2008/2012.
Your Physical Requirements
- You will be in excellent health.
- You will be able to carry medium to heavy weight equipment (approx. to 40+ lbs.). Sometimes you will need to physically transport and/or maneuver several pieces of equipment simultaneously.
- You will be able to sometimes drive longer distances, as a few field sites are up to 200 miles away.
- You will be able to position through small opening to install communication connectors.
- You will have a valid driver’s license with GOOD DRIVING RECORD, and able to meet insurance requirements as specified in the DCRS Employee Handbook.
- You will have access to Company car for business use (or mileage reimbursement), as provided to Senior On-Call Technicians.
Your Mental Requirements
- You will be able to completely concentrate on the job at hand, even when placed in a very distracting environment.
- You will be sharp and alert at all times, logical and quick thinking.
Your Availability to Work what Hours
- You will be available for normal working hours, typically starting between 7:30am to 8:30am, and ending between 4:30pm to 5:30pm (Monday through Friday).
- You will be willing to voluntarily invest some significant time–outside of business hours, during your Entry Level Period–attempting to learn our multiple software applications as quickly as possible, in return for earning specific incentives documented at time of job offer. This investment will enable you to reach Senior On-Call status as soon as possible.
- You will be available for On-Call hours approximately once every fourth week on a rotating basis, for up to 4 days at a time (office hours for On-Call Primary Tech is typically 11:00am to 8:00pm, then On-Call after those hours, Monday-Thursday OR Fri-Sat). Saturday hours apply when working the Fri-Sat shift, when Senior On-Call status is achieved.
- You will also be available as the Back-Up to the On-Call technician approximately once every fourth week on a rotating basis, for up to 4 days at a time (office hours typically 9:00am to 6:00pm), usually the period before scheduled for On-Call.
- You will have immediate access to a High Speed Internet connection from your home, to provide immediate remote access support to our customers, preventing the need for you to travel to our office for same, outside of your office hours, as On-Call Primary Tech or as Back-Up to the On-Call Tech.
- You will be available for a rotating schedule of holiday hours which have additional BONUS opportunities.
- Your hours listed above are “normal” and sometimes will require work beyond those periods.
- You will be able and willing to work EVENINGS and WEEKENDS on occasion, as training and business demand dictates, as this is a full-time career position. Technical position success cannot be achieved while attending school, regardless of classes having a technical nature—except short-term classes requested and supported by DCRS.
- You will have Large Project opportunities for Advanced Senior Technicians, which may require overnight travel, which may include increased compensation and career promotion opportunities.
Your Training Needed
- You will have at least two years of prior appropriate technical (basic and advanced) training, with several years of practical, on the job experience, ideally in software support.
- You will be involved in an on-going training program in technological advancements and new products as they enter the market. Your training will never end but will be progressive, just as technology is.
- You will have knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, Networks, and TCP/IP.
Your Knowledge Needed
- You will have an understanding of our multiple (typically 9, possibly more) Software Applications to render full software support. This demand will continue to increase as hardware continues to be more reliable and software more sophisticated.
- You will have experience with a wide range of Restaurant and Retail businesses for superior performance. It is often required to understand the nature of the business to adapt logical analysis to the problem at hand. Since hardware and software fit the narrow vertical market of Restaurants and Retail, your judgments as to the needs and uses of a POS system are required daily.
- You will have knowledge of the various operating systems, including Windows 7/8/10 and Server 2008/2012, and MCP status for one of these is ideal, or you will eventually secure one with our assistance.
- Your knowledge of Electronics and circuitry will be beneficial, including concepts and theory. You will have an understanding of the elements, functions and inter-dependence of all parts of the systems that we support to perform hardware repair at a high level.
- You will have knowledge of the geographical area for a 200-mile radius of the St. Louis area.
- You will have A+ and Network+ Certifications, or you will eventually secure both with our assistance.
Your Entry-Level Period
- You will start your development in this period, for virtually all individuals, prior to Senior On-Call status. This period focuses on the training needed to obtain the knowledge to support our multiple Software Applications and gain experience with a wide range of Restaurant and Retail business applications. You will also learn the responsibilities associated with Part & Logistics, as well as the Support Center Advisor.
- Your responsibilities will include shipping, receiving, supplies, building and staging of new systems, testing and repair of components.
- You will perform tasks requested by the Parts & Logistics.
- You will be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- You will be able and willing to work EVENINGS and WEEKENDS as training and business demand dictates.
- You will be available to periodically work Saturday, approximately once every three to four weeks, from 9:00am to 1:00pm, for additional training provided by one of our Managers that is scheduled On-Call, until Senior On-Call status is achieved.
- You will be knowledgeable in PC hardware, Networking, TCP/IP, and Windows 7/8/10 and Server 2008/2012. You will have a basic knowledge of electronics, be mechanically inclined, have a working understanding of computers, be able to meet quick deadlines and handle pressure.
- Your advancement to Senior On-Call status will be considered as training and knowledge is obtained to an acceptable level
- You will have a valid driver’s license with GOOD DRIVING RECORD, and able to meet insurance requirements as specified in DCRS Employee Handbook.
What is different about working at DCRS
- Sales & POS Implementation staff receive a cash bonus for letters of satisfaction received for new systems purchased and installed
- Customer Satisfaction Letters are framed and displayed.
- Entry-Level Support Technicians, and the Support Center Advisor, are offered an incentive-laden job path that includes increases for earning specific certifications to support our multiple software applications.
- Support Technicians receive a cash bonus for reports of high levels of customer satisfaction for support calls
- Support Technician with highest level of satisfaction is recognized quarterly on Customer Satisfaction Plaque.
- All Associates are entered in quarterly drawing for a “Thanks, You Made My Day” awards, to encourage peer and interdepartmental teamwork and cooperation.
- Premium Parking to the Problem Solver of the Week.
- Cash Bonus to the greatest Problem Solvers of the Year, awarded semi-annually
- Casual, but business-like and professional dress environment
- Opportunity for growth and advancement in Technical fields through our educational incentive program
Apply For This Position